The purpose communication department is to convey the mission, vision and endeavors of the Lake Region conference through visual and print media, also providing inspirational stories and relevant conference news.
- Distribute news and information to union, conferences, educational institutions, health systems, and constituents through eNewsletter (NewsPoints), Web sites, magazines, social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, and Flickr) and other venues.
- Conduct public media relations campaigns for ministry initiatives.
- Develop strategic publicity about the Adventist Church in North America.
- Build a network of communication professionals willing to volunteer to support the media relations work throughout Lake Region Conference.
- Develop materials for use by local church communication leaders.
- Develop resources for use by local church communication leaders.
- Assist with crisis communication management.